Same-day COVID-19 testing for travel and events in Pittsburgh, PA
COVID-19 testing requirements adds a layer of complexity to travel and other activities. If your upcoming engagement requires a negative COVID test result, SDxLabs can help simplify the process.
Plan ahead and research your destination’s COVID-19 testing requirements
Some destinations require testing before travel and/or after arrival. If you do not follow your destination’s requirements, you may be denied entry and required to return to the United States. You will want to research what type of COVID test will be accepted for your trip. Universally, the molecular PCR test is the most widely accepted test type for travel. Some destinations will also accept an Antigen test.
COVID-19 same-day testing Menu
|Test||Result Turnaround Time||Sample Collection Method||Schedule an Appointment||How to Book||Delivery/Pickup |
*additional fees apply
Results Next Day
|Next Day: |
Tests taken Friday will have results on Monday
|Saliva||Monday – Friday |
8:00am – 5:00pm
|By phone or or online||Yes||$100||Self-pay|
Results in 4 Hours
|4 hours||Nasal Swab||Monday – Friday|
8:00am – 1:00pm
|By phone or online||Yes||$250||Self-pay|
|PCR Test (Extended Hours) Results in 4 hours||4 hours||Nasal Swab||Call lab for details and to book an appointment||By phone||No||$300||Self-pay|
*Optional test delivery and pickup service - $50
- Sample kit and forms are brought to patient’s address of choice
- Driver waits for collection and returns it to the lab
- $50 within 15 miles of the lab and $2/mile for each additional mile over 15
- Fee is in addition to selected test
- Call the lab at (412) 677-0664 to schedule test delivery and pickup
We accept all major credit cards, checks, and cash.
Important information for those booking a COVID test with SDxLabs
- Tests are by appointment only. Walk-ins are discouraged.
- Anyone getting a COVID-19 test must have their own appointment.
- A mask must be worn when entering the building for a COVID-19 test.
- If you are symptomatic or have been in contact with someone who has (or is suspected to have) COVID-19, DO NOT enter the building. When you arrive call (412) 677-0664. A member of our team will come to your vehicle to collect your sam
- It is your responsibility to select the correct test type. SDxLabs will bill Medicare, Medicaid, 3rd party insurance or Cares Act only for those experiencing symptoms or those who have been in contact with someone who has/suspected to have COVID-19.Patients who are not symptomatic or have not come into contact with a known or suspected COVID case, or are testing for events, travel, or other reasons, should select a self-pay option.
How SDxLabs COVID-19 testing works
1. Schedule your test
To schedule your test, please use our online booking tool or call (412) 677-0664.
2. Come prepared
Please be prompt for your appointment and bring photo identification and a health insurance card if available.
3. If you are symptomatic
Please do not enter the building. Remain in your vehicle and call 412-677-0664 when you arrive. A member of our team will come to your vehicle to collect your sample.
4. Get your results
You will select your result delivery method prior to your test – email, portal, fax, or sent USPS. SDxLabs will deliver your results through your selected method.
About SDxLabs COVID-19 Tests
SDxLabs COVID-19 tests are Polymerase Chain Reaction Tests (PCR)
PCR Testing Explained
PCR technology is considered the gold standard in diagnostic testing. This is a chemical reaction that repeatedly duplicates certain targeted segments of the virus's RNA, until there's enough of it to be detected. The targeted segments are carefully selected to be unique to the COVID-19 virus, and thus absent from other genetic material that might be present in human respiratory samples. This means we can be highly certain that any reaction and duplication occurs only with genetic material from the COVID-19 virus, and that minimizes the likelihood of false positives produced because of the test reacting with some other biological material.
PCR Testing Information
This testing method is equally effective as the standard nasopharyngeal swab and offers an improvement because people can collect their own sample with minimal discomfort—simply spit into a sterile tube several times. Do not eat, drink, chew gum, smoke/vape or brush teeth for at least 30 minutes prior to collecting saliva.
A fluid sample is collected by inserting a long nasal swab (nasopharyngeal swab) into your nostril and taking fluid from the back of your nose or by using a shorter nasal swab (mid-turbinate swab) to get a sample.
Patient results report will be delivered via email, portal, or fax within 4 hours from arriving at lab.
Frequently asked questions
Time requirements may vary based on your destination. Be sure to research when you need to get tested so you do not schedule your test too early or late. Testing too early or late could result in missing your trip or needing to self-quarantine.