Mount Pleasant Community Testing
SDxLabs mobile testing in the Mount Pleasant Community
Our mobile testing vehicle offers flexible testing solutions to improve access to testing and a reduce potential cluster outbreaks.
Testing locations in your community
Mount Pleasant Volunteer Fire Department
100 S Church St, Mt. Pleasant, PA 15666
Tuesday, July 13th and Thursday, July 15th
12:00 - 4:00pm
Following these dates, testing will be available through the Volunteer Fire Department.
About SDxLabs COVID-19 tests
- Fluid sample is collected from your mouth
- You will spit several times into a funnel attached to a tube to collect the sample
- Saliva tests are a less invasive testing option and just as accurate as a nose swab
- After collection, the tube is sealed and then sent to a laboratory
Nose Swab PCR
- Fluid sample is collected from your nose
- A swab is inserted into your nose to collect the sample
- After collection, the swab is sealed in a tube and then sent to the laboratory
About PCR testing – the gold standard in diagnostic testing
PCR stands for polymerase chain reaction. PCR technology is considered the benchmark or gold standard in diagnostic testing. This is a chemical reaction that repeatedly duplicates certain targeted segments of the virus's RNA, until there's enough of it to be detected. The targeted segments are carefully selected to be unique to the COVID-19 virus, and thus absent from other genetic material that might be present in human respiratory samples. This means we can be highly certain that any reaction and duplication occurs only with genetic material from the COVID-19 virus, and that no false positives are produced as a result of the test reacting with some other biological material.